|Related Articles About RVs
It's a great time to buy an RV
Whether you're a would-be or a seasoned RVer, the reasons to buy are endless: family bonding, affordable getaways, or spontaneous road trips, to name a few. Here are some of the top reasons why there's never been a better time to buy:
Buying a pre-owned RV is another great way to make your vacation dream a reality for less. Whether you're looking for a towable RV or a motorized RV, check with an RV dealer who often receives a unit as a trade-in on a new vehicle. Buying a pre-owned RV makes buying the RV of your dreams even more affordable because you'll pay considerably less for a pre-owned unit than a similarly equipped new unit.
- In today's economy, there are great deals available on new RV models.
- Financing is readily available for qualified borrowers.
- You may qualify for a tax deduction because the interest on your RV loan is generally deductible as second-home mortgage interest.
- RVs are more fuel efficient than ever.
- Even when fuel costs are up, RVers can enjoy the same experience closer to home to save on fuel.
- The sooner you buy, the sooner you can enjoy years of savings and adventures.
Just like buying a pre-owned car or truck, most RV dealers provide a thorough pre-delivery inspection of the used RV. You can visit your local dealer to compare units and features and to find out about extended service agreements.
Not sure about buying yet? Rent an RV and learn more
An RV can be a significant investment, and it's important to make sure it's the right fit for you. There's no better way to try before you buy than by renting.
RV rentals let you try various types and learn which one best suits your needs. Many people rent RVs simply for the fun, freedom and flexibility of taking RV trips to a special event or destination. More than 460 national chain outlets and local RV dealerships rent RVs, including state-of-the-art, late-model-year units.
A growing number of campgrounds offer on-site RV rentals. Most RV rental companies provide "housekeeping" packages (dishes, pots, pans, etc.) for a nominal fee. Even if you're driving or towing an RV for the first time, features like automatic transmissions, power brakes and power steering make it easy for experienced drivers to adjust to the difference in size, height and weight.
Source: Go RVing